Thursday, August 6, 2009

Illustrator

I would like to devote this post to my growing passionate love for Illustrator. Yes, it's that deep of a love. Gerali may be mildly jealous of it, and because it frustrates him. haha. Anyway, I've been spending a lot of time with the program and found it to be a great tool in finalizing my pictures. I've always been the one to do a lot of doodling and just stop there. Adding color has never been my strength, but it's very easy to play around with color and test and retest.

There are a lot of great Illustrator tutorials online. Here are some of the stuff I did based off of tutorials.
This is the first Illustrator picture I did back in January. I got it from a cool graphics blog called Spoon Graphics.

It's very similar to his. I've moved some of the ninjas positions and that's about it! It was a great first time tutorial.


Spoon Graphics had a list of 50 tutorials designers should know.

And there they have a 30 Day Illustrator Crash Course. This is a great tutorial! It's definitely where I got a lot of my Illustrator knowledge. It helps to mess around and experiment on your own too. It took me less than 30 days to go through, they are all very easy and fun lessons.

At end of the crash course you get to make a logo. I decided to make my own using what I learned









Lastly, I did this bunny tutorial. Everything is again pretty similar, I changed color and a
placement of some facial features. But he's cute!

1 comment:

milk tea + polkadots said...

Nice~ step-by-step tutorial! I'm going to have to check it out. I need to brush up on my Illustrator skills.