Thursday, September 3, 2009

Good Mistake



My friend Amanda got married this past weekend and it was such a beautiful wedding. You can tell that they have affected so many people and that they are loved by many.

I painted/drew her wedding present. Originally it started as a painting on 3 skateboards. The painting was a couple running away from a carnival. The people were going to be painted and their clothes would be cut out in cloth. After I was done with it, I felt that the people were too cute and couldn't imagine anyone hanging it in there house.



I sanded it and drew a cornet on it with a sharpie and then glazed it. Why a cornet? Well because like a couple of months before the wedding I randomly asked her if she ever played an instrument and she said that she played a cornet for like 5 minutes. I didn't know what to draw on top of the sanded skateboard so the cornet just kind of came to me.

Here are the progress pics!





























2 comments:

milk tea + polkadots said...

the original drawing/painting was turning out so cute! you're so GOOD, judy! the cornet drawing looks AMAZING.

Lani said...

It makes me want to get married so you can make me one too. I don't think the original drawings are too cute. I would totally have it in my house :)